Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Buffalo Man: Creation - Part 1



Toward the end of the heavy period of E-Reserves and during my slow times on the desk, I started creating a character that is superhero-ish, cartoon-ish, and highly fun for me to draw. I've got many images of him now, but I'm going to take the best ones and sort of talk about how I came up with him in a series I'm going to call "Buffalo Man." I'll post every couple of days until I'm out of pictures.

This first image was done at a PST meeting in late November, '05. It won't look much like the other images I've done, but it's a starting point, all the important features are here to build on. The thick eyebrows, eyes half hidden, buffalo-ish nose, down-curving horns, large neck and upper body, smaller lower body, pants, belt, boots. These are the features I took and ran with as you will see in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home