Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Buffalo Man: Development - Part 3



Now that I've made myself visualize my Buffalo Man from different angles, I decided to draw a portrait shot of him. This is a close shot of his head, and drawn more realistically than cartoony. I enjoyed this because I was able to give him a bit more expression, a bit more detail, use some shading, etc.

Now, let's be honest here, at this point I'm not totally comfortable about a few details, which is to be expected. I drew him with little indentations in his pectoral muscles, because the muscle group is made up of several that attach up and down the sternum, really strong guys will have the indentions. But, in this drawing they look a little weird. I wasn't entirely sure what his expression should be and the way I left it isn't quite what I was going for, but it will do. Also, his abdominal muscles don't look right to me, they are slanted wrong or something. By critically evaluating this piece, I will know what to look out for the next time I draw him.

As always, you can click on the image to enlarge it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home