Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Buffalo Man: Development - Part 5

The final bit of development that I have to do is the development of expressions. These Buffalo Men seem to be of a pretty grumpy disposition in all of these sketches, but, if I were going to put them into a story, I'd need to give them some other expressions, or they would be pretty boring. I wanted to draw a really, really angry, yelling/roaring Buffalo Man and here's what I came up with. I don't have a lot of good expressions that I've worked out for him yet, he's still in development in that area. Smiling for instance...I haven't worked out a smile that I like. It's a bit hard with this particular set of facial features.


I go through the process that I've outlined in these last few posts for every character that I create. Not many doodles of mine get turned into characters, but, for the ones that do, I really try to develop so that I'm ready to draw them if/when the time comes. I had a character for a long time called "the Professor", and after drawing him doing different things for about 4 years, I was able to include him as the narrator of a book I'm working on with a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home